India Innovation Growth Programme 2.0 (2019)
Launched in 2007, India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP) has been one of India’s longest standing public-private partners. The programme has provided mentoring and handholding assistance to over 400 innovators coming from diverse sectors from across the country, generated over 350 commercial agreements and over $900 Million of economic value for India. (Source: Second Impact Analysis Report by Ernst & Young in 2015).
Through two annual parallel tracks viz. University Challenge and Open Innovation Challenge, IIGP 2.0 identifies and supports both industrial and social innovations through:
Phase A: Ideation
Phase B: Innovation
IIGP 2.0 calls for applications for the 2019 edition of the programme in 14 focus areas for University Challenge and 19 focus areas for Open Innovation Challenge.
Top 30 University teams will receive mentoring by IIT-Bombay on presenting ideas to a panel and an opportunity to pitch ideas at an Innovator Down-select Event.
Top 10 selected teams will receive research grants of INR 10 Lacs for developing a concept/prototype, an opportunity to participate in a Design Thinking workshop, mentor ship and periodic feedback.
Up to 10 teams will participate in a boot camp at IIM Ahmedabad and receive further mentoring by IIGP partners.
Up to 4 teams will be shortlisted to compete with Top 50 OIC teams of the following year to possibly win seed grants of up to INR 25 Lacs each and enable advancement to the next stage.
Topics for University Challenge:
1. Agriculture: Reduce post-harvest losses through technologies that improve shelf life of produce at farm gate
2. Autonomy, artificial intelligence-based cyber-physical systems
3. Energy Tech: Sustainable and Affordable Energy for All, Energy Grid Security
4. Energy: Promoting productive use of energy for livelihoods in underserved areas through super-efficient appliances
5. Environment Tech: Industrial Waste Utilisation/Recycle Technologies
6. Environment-friendly housing
7. Healthcare: Rapid point-of-care (POC) solutions for mass screening and monitoring
8. Low-cost Unmanned Aerial/Underwater Vehicles
9. Robust, high bandwidth data transmission to and from Internet of Things sensors/processors embedded in a rotating element
10. Space Debris Management
11. Transparent or On-Glass Visualization Technology
12. Virtual / Augmented Reality
13. Waste Management: Adoption of municipal solid waste (MSW) segregation at source
14. Water: A membrane-less, maintenance-free filter for potable water
OPEN INNOVATION CHALLENGE
Up to 50 innovators will get an opportunity to participate in a rigorous boot camp conducted by IIM, Ahmedabad. Selective innovators may also get an opportunity to connect with industry players at Industrial Immersive Day.
Up to 10 innovators will undergo an incubation process. Companies in incubation will receive seed funding of up to INR 25 Lacs each as well as support to enable them to accelerate market penetration and scale-up operations. They will also get an opportunity to participate at an Immersion Workshop, and interact with global experts from the innovation, entrepreneurship and investment ecosystem.
Access to network of sponsors, mentoring, hands on support in building the enterprise from people who have done it before, and support for pilots/tests in India.
Opportunity to participate at Demo Days organized under the IIGP 2.0 to showcase their technologies to and interact one-on-one with investors.
Topics for Open Innovation Challenge:
1. Advanced Materials
2. Aerospace and Defense Technologies
4. Biotechnologies and Life Science
5. Civic and Governance Technologies
6. Cyber Security
7. Education and Skills
8. Electronics Hardware
9. Energy and Power Technologies
10. Environment Technologies
11. Financial Technologies
13. Industry 4.0 - Smart Manufacturing and Industrial Autonomy
14. Information Technology and IT enabled Services
15. Low-Cost Housing
16. Mobility and Autonomous Vehicles
17. Rural Livelihood
18. Sanitation & Waste Management
19. Water Technologies
How to Apply:
Last Date for Applying Online: 21st April, 2019
For more information on the List of Topics, Selection Process, How to Submit Innovation and other details click on the "IIGP2.0" button, to Register online click on the "Register Now" button.
About The India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP) 2.0
The India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP) 2.0 is a unique tripartite initiative of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, Lockheed Martin and Tata Trusts.
Supporting the Government of India's missions of "Start-up India" and "Make in India", IIGP 2.0 enhances the Indian innovation ecosystem by enabling innovators and entrepreneurs through the stages of ideation, innovation and acceleration, to develop technology-based solutions for tomorrow.
Complemented by several implementation partners, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), Center for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) at IIM Ahmedabad, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay and the Tata Center for Technology and Design at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; the programme aims to build an innovation pipeline in India through a high-impact programme focused on the social and industrial innovation ecosystem.
Disclaimer: All the above data is gathered from IIGP 2.0, all the logos and titles are belongs to IIGP, EngMorph does not own any part of the data published in this page and EngMorph is not responsible for the correctness of the information presented. For more information, visit the IIGP website.